IT Support Specialist
Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
TEWS Company is hiring for an IT Support Specialist for a great client of ours here in Orlando! This is a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic technical professional.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for assisting internal employees to resolve time sensitive IT incidents. These incidents should be resolved efficiently and accurately to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and minimize the effect on business operations. Support will be provided to users who call the Information Technology Customer Service Desk.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum one year’s previous IT Service Desk and/or Call Center experience required.
- Experience in supporting desktop computers in a Windows/TCPIP environment.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 Operating Systems required.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office 365 required.
- Basic knowledge of User and Security Group Active Directory principles.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP network principles.
- Strong customer facing and communications skills both verbal and written.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a high-pressure environment.
- Receive incoming incidents by telephone.
- Validate that this is an incident and not a Service Request, for Service Requests, invoke the Service Request Process.
- Screen calls and emails to diagnose the incident and the extent of the incident and set expectations with the customer.
- If the incident falls within the scope to resolve and does not have to be escalated because of the impact, then attempt to resolve. Consideration must be given to the expected time that the incident will take to resolve.
- Escalate incidents giving consideration to the impact.
- Fast response to incidents – support of the user is highest priority.
- Install software using SCCM application packages.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Follow management guidance, adhering to IT policy and procedure Plan workload from assigned and queued tasks.
- Create, update and follow documented work instructions.
- Work both standard and non-standard business hours, including nights, weekends and public/company holidays as necessary on a permanent, temporary or on-call basis.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HDI Customer Service Representative
- HDI Support Center Analyst
- HDI Desktop Support Technician
- HDI Technical Support Professional
- ITIL Foundation