IT Support Specialist
Kissimmee, Florida | Contract To Hire
Tews Company has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist. The IT Support Specialist's role is to ensure the stable operation of the organization's office computer network, systems, and mobile devices. This includes participating in the installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting all network & systems hardware, software, and communication links. The IT Operations Specialist will also analyze and resolve end user hardware/software computer and mobile device problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Serve as the organization's technical support liaison to technical service provider
- Troubleshoot users' technical issues - both hardware and software; escalate to Help Desk as needed.
- Perform routine inspection of users' equipment to ensure hardware in working order, all necessary updates have been made to equipment, etc.
- Manage and maintain loaner equipment (e.g. laptops, IPad, cell phones, etc.) in proper working condition.
- Manage cell and data plan relationship. Conduct annual review of service plans to ensure organization's needs are being cost-effectively met.
- Maintain conference room equipment in proper working condition; includes a weekly inspection and test of equipment.
- Serve as point person for both internal staff and guests for set-up of presentations or other audio/visual needs in conference rooms.
- Manage Microsoft license agreement including purchase and renewals.
- Set up new new hires with equipment including testing to ensure all equipment in working order prior to new hire's start date.
- Process terminated employees' return of equipment, cancelling of appropriate services.
- Manage office's phone system.
- Assist Director with technical plan development and implementation.
- Manage department budget noting variances monthly.
- Strong OS background including Windows 7, Windows 10, and Mac OSX.
- Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Active Directory.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work under strict time constraints. Good time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work with and support a diverse range of users with computer literacy skills ranging from the novice to the expert.
- Must have strong documentation skills.
- Adaptable to changing priorities, tasks, and work schedules to meet customer services standards;
- Ability to handle multiple problems/calls simultaneously;
- Work under pressure and time constraints;
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of hardware/software terminology and concepts;
- Strong team player
- Three years of experience providing end user technical support , required
- One year experience supporting Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office 365, required
- Advanced technical certification in Microsoft or networking products, preferred
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field, preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered