HOA Senior Accountant
Kissimmee, Florida | Direct Hire
A company down in Kissimmee is looking for a Senior Accountant to handle their HOA Financial Reporting. This job is heavily focused on GAAP reporting and analysis and the ideal candidate will have hospitality industry experience!
- This position will be responsible for collaborating with various accounting departments to formalize monthly financial review procedures, reconciliation procedures, internal controls, and assist with various filing/reporting deadlines.
Essential Duties and Tasks:
- Assist with GAAP reporting and analysis. This includes review of results, ensure financials are reported in accordance with GAAP, analyzing variances, and other financial reporting schedules.
- Assist with completing and maintaining proper documentation for all reporting processes in the group along with other processes related to financial services.
- Ad hoc reporting/analytical work and accounting research as requested by department leaders.
- Participate and support various audits conducted primarily by an external accounting firm.
- Formalize HOA state filing requirements and deadlines including the annual budget/reserve study, financial statements, schedule of receipts and disbursements, etc. Create forecast models and summarize lending and reporting requirement deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years accounting related experience
- Experience with GAAP reporting and analysis
- Preferred experience in vacation ownership and/or hospitality industries
- Experience in presenting and discussing financial information with business leaders is a plus
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX is a plus
- CPA or MBA a plus