HOA Accounting Manager
Kissimmee, Florida | Direct Hire
Accounting Manager - Hospitality
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
CONTRACT LENGTH: Direct Hire
Compensation - $70-90k
WHY OPEN: New Need/Growth
SHIFT: Typically, M-F, Full Time, however (Schedules will vary depending on business needs, and may entail working nights, weekends and holidays. Must be flexible to work outside of departmental operating hours).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES (including education and certifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business area required. MBA or relevant graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Timeshare / Hospitality industry experience a plus
- CAM Preferred
- CPA Preferred
- Directs efforts culminating with the monthly closing of the general ledger, including review and analysis of monthly results, generation of judgmental closing adjustments.
- Reviews and monitors General Ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis associated with the HOA accounting area.
- Directs monthly financial and operational analysis of HOA.
- Provides audit schedules and work papers to enable outside auditors to assess the year end results.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and prepares input based on key operating indicators provided.
- Provides input on key change initiatives in accounting and financial reporting aimed at providing the HOA with better service in the most cost effective manner.
- Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly, including recommendations regarding cost savings.
- Participates in the preparation of studies, reports and analyses in areas such as forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts for the HOA.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a cohesive Accounting staff that can proactively meet the needs of the HOA operations.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies to include but not limited to Excel, SQL, Crystal, Business Objects (proficiency in MS Dynamics is a plus).
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral), as well as strong presentation skills.
- Understanding of reconciliation processes and controls
- Must be willing to work in a team oriented and dynamic environment.
- Minimum Intermediate level user in Excel and Access.
- Candidate must possess the ability to make recommendations and formulate solutions as it relates to creating efficiencies. Ability to work with the Senior Management to strategize and plan to insure completion of Departmental Goals and Objectives, as well as, overall Business Goals and Objectives. Ability to perform detailed and complex analysis.
- Travel possible.
START DATE: ASAP
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Specific work assignments may change without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.