Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
A healthcare company in Downtown Orlando is looking for a Financial Analyst to add to their growing team. The ideal candidate will have one to two years of accounting or finance experience and a college degree in accounting or finance. Strong Excel skills are a MUST!
The Financial Analyst provides operational and financial analysis to the operational unit leaders and senior leadership. The Financial Analyst generates and delivers monthly financial reports, report key financial statistics and assists business unit leaders in managing information effectively to optimize departmental efficiency and performance.
- Works closely with operations departments to assess and report performance
- Coordinates scheduled and ad hoc data and analysis requests across operational unit
- Assists in the development and delivery of adhoc reports
- Assists in the development of financial data collection and measurement tools
- Prepares and analyzes Monthly Operating Reports.
- Prepares weekly financial projections for 7 markets
- Prepares quarterly partnership financial packets for 61 surgery centers
- Works with the legal department to maintain and execute physician contracts
- Manages the contract management system for assigned divisions
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years progressive accounting/finance experience required
- Accounting/Finance Degree Required
- Strong Excel experience
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Financial analysis skills - knowledge of research techniques sufficient to collect and interpret data. Knowledge of descriptive statistics to analyze statistical data and prepare projections. Skilled in interpreting and analyzing data. Skilled in examining documents and quantitative metrics for correctness and accuracy. Ability to apply business intelligence strategies to convert business cases into solutions. Knowledge of legal and fiscal requirements and regulations.
- Accounting – knowledge of cash flows, balance sheets, income statements and the general ledger.
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long?term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with others.
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Power Point, Microsoft Office suite, and in other applications as required. Demonstrate knowledge of relational databases, including SQL queries.
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- Basic skills - able to perform mathematical calculations and understands basic accounting functions.
- Basic SQL and/or Business Objects query writing experience preferred