Escrow Operations Assistant
Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Escrow Operations Assistant needed for a Growing Company in Southeast Orlando!
We are looking for candidates that have 1-2 years’ experience in an escrow department or 3 years in related legal, real estate, title, or mortgage experience.
The purpose of this role is to handle duties to monitor and maintain accounting records for escrow operations, provide back up support to Escrow Operations Supervisor and promote services of the Escrow Operations Department.
This person will be in charge of the following:
- Provide back up support to the Escrow Operations Supervisor
- Review and analyze departmental processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor, review and maintain accounting records for all services provided by department and make changes and corrections as necessary.
- Serve as point of contact for inquiries and issues relating to the bank reconciliation with the accounting department. Submit issues to Supervisor as necessary.
- Prepare periodic department income and expense reports, spreadsheets and graphs and update as necessary.
- Provide assistance to customers to determine and recommend the proper service based on customer’s needs and circumstances and review fees with customer as appropriate. Assist internal and external customers with inquiries, issues and complaints.
- Receive initial draw requests and process and maintain files related to Construction Projects. Participate in initial meeting as necessary, and act as liaison between all parties involved to obtain, review, prepare and provide necessary information and supporting documentation.
- Search titles and order hard copies, disburse draws, and prepare update endorsements and invoices.
- Provide information and proper documentation to banks upon investment of funds into escrow accounts as necessary.
- Monitor receipt of all related funds, prepare checks and act as signatory as appropriate. Obtain proper approval and certification and coordinate wire transfers of funds. Act as liaison to disburse funds and submit accounting records as applicable.
- Review and update Escrow Operations forms and documents as necessary and upon management’s approval.
- Conduct training and cross training of other employees within department as necessary.
- Issue periodic and special reports to management and others as required.
- Maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, regulations and policies.