Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Benefits Manager position open with a established organization with offices located in Downtown Orlando
The Benefits Manager is responsible for administration of employee Health & Welfare benefits, supervises administration of existing plans and manages Health & Welfare vendors.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision plans, life insurance plans, and wellness programs.
- Facilitate the implementation of open enrollment process
- Compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans.
- Prepare communication materials, plan summary documents and other sources for communicating to employees. Conduct employee meetings and oversee enrollment.
- In partnership with the Director of Benefits, responsible for review and understanding of any new regulation that may be presented including Form 5500s, PCORI and transition reinsurance fees, ACA - 1094-C/1095-C requirements, Summary Plan Descriptions, SBCs, SARs, FMLA, USERRA, DOL, COBRA, HIPAA.
- Provide management and guidance to the Benefits Specialists
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners and other regulatory agencies.
- Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Understand and assist with the functional related activities within the PeopleSoft HRIS platform for the benefit module.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (including education and certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field (non-negotiable)
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in health and welfare benefits administration
-Worked in a multi-location environment with both hourly and salaried workers
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and communication skills.
- Experience in hospitality/retail environment highly desirable.
- CEB, CBP certification desired