BI Business Analyst
Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Tews is currently recruiting for a strong Business Intelligence Business Analyst. The Business Analyst will perform functions to identify, lead and guide any range of strategic and operational initiatives to create tangible, near-term value and advance the organization’s strategy; and assume responsibility for specific business development projects and assignments, working across all segments of the organization, using broad conceptual judgment and making decisions for which there is little precedent.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- 2-3 years data extraction experience
- Coming from a SQL environment à SSRS reporting services
- Strong root cause analysis
- Microsoft stack à Excel – pivot tables, power BI
- Proficient with Tableau / query writing against large data sets
- Advanced Excel formulas
- Examples: Pivot Tables, vlookups, hlookup ,index, match, etc.
- Two current years of experience utilizing these formulas
- Would be great if they have working knowledge of VB and creating and developing macros
- SQL knowledge
- Creating complex select queries
- Needs at least two current years in utilizing SQL in data extraction
- Instead of doing a lot of data dumps and utilizing a lot of lookups, creating a well structured query to get the information
- Developing reports that can be easily automated
- Experience in analyzing data extraction and being able to identify value enhancement, or process improvement opportunities from the data extraction
- Create concise data summaries that tell the story.
- Instead of spitting out a lot of charts and data points, giving the necessary information that will help make the business decision or help show performance
- Undergraduate degree in business, industrial management, mathematics, or other related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years of experience managing multiple projects in team environment.
- Experience independently structuring and executing complex analyses with
- Advanced software skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Project or other project tracking software, PowerPoint, Access or other database systems, and Outlook). Independent database extraction experience.