Lake Mary, Florida | Contract
One of our favorite clients in Lake Mary is seeking an experienced Accountant to assist their team with comprehensive and accurate reconciliations to close out their year-end close. This critical position is a great opportunity for someone looking for continued work or to get your foot in the door at a Nationwide company. This is an excellent contract opportunity that will last approximately two months or possibly longer.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- 5 to 7 years of Accounting experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- A.A or B.S. Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with various accounting software such as Netsuite or Salesforce
- Preference- SAS
- Audit experience strongly preferred (public accounting or reputable internal audit)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Candidate should be able to work in a fast paced & confidential environment. Written communication, with acute attention to detail for email and documentation purposes
- Advanced Microsoft Office with competency in Excel, Outlook, Word and Access
- Reconcile more complex accounts and check the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger is accurate and complete.
- Check and analyze financial information and prepare more complex financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- These reports may include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, debtor and creditor lists, repayment schedules, and filings.
- Provide technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities
- Assist in annual audit of financial statements and providing information and back-up to auditors
Starting salary: $30.00/hourly