Longwood, Florida | Direct Hire
A company located in Longwood is looking for an Accountant who can also serve as a Floorplan Administrator. This is a perfect position for someone with three years of accounting experience who also enjoys some light administrative work! Must have Excel and QuickBooks experience.
Primary Role and Responsibility
The accountant position is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of financial transactions of the organization.
Secondary Role and Responsibility
This position is responsible for processing floorplan payments, adhering to the requirements set forth by each individual floor plan company and the rules and guidelines. The Floorplan Administrator provides clerical assistance to office staff, complies and maintains records of business transactions and office activities, and handles basic data entry.
Essential Functions – Accountant:
- Reconciles operating and depository bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Processes accounts payable for payments on a weekly basis
- Ensures timely and accurate recording of deposits
- Maintains general ledger subsidiary schedules and reconciles schedules to general ledger on a monthly basis
- Coordinator month end closing of financial statements with Corporate Controller
Floorplan Administrative Function:
Receive various forms of payments (i.e., ACH, checks, floor plans, etc.), prepare them for deposit, and post them to the system.
- Prepare daily ACH transmissions to automated floor plan companies
- Follow up on late or unpaid floor plan payments
- Perform basic data entry into computer system, and download digital image of vehicles into the system if instructed
- Prepare, issue, and send out correspondence, bills, invoices, receipts, checks, or other documents
- Copy data and compile records and reports; sort and file documents
- Maintain open communication with team members and other departments to follow up and resolve any customer and payment issues
- Operate office equipment, such as copier, fax machine, scanner, postage machine, etc.
- Answer phone, convey messages, and run errands; greet and assist customers
- Stamp, sort and route incoming mail and overnight packages and letters; drop off and pick up mail at the U.S. Post office on a daily basis as needed
- Prepare outgoing mail with sufficient postage and assure daily mail is posted; prepare overnight package labels via computer and printer
- Assure items mailed are properly packaged, labeled and addressed, and perform sale day administrative functions including front counter, collecting & posting payments, matching titles with invoices and checks, customer service, data entry, filing and routing, etc.
- Provide exemplary customer service through face to face and phone support
- Satisfactory driving record
- Willingness to occasionally make non-cash deposits at a local bank branch
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Demonstrative proficiency of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to process transactions in QuickBooks
- Critical thinking