Account Service Assistant (Employee Benefits)
Maitland, Florida | Direct Hire
Summary: Employee Benefits Account Executive Service Assistant provides daily account management support in the operation of the Service Division.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Provide excellent customer service to the clients’ employee membership, as well as the carrier account management teams.
- Assist in researching and resolving employee claim and enrollment inquiries and/or discrepancies within a reasonable timeframe.
- Assist in providing documentation and guidance to client employees regarding medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and FSA programs, COBRA, Healthcare Reform, Federal and State Mandates, and other related employee benefit and compliance topics.
- Understand health and benefits products, services and tools in order to educate membership of what is available through their existing program(s).
- Remain current on industry trends and information, new product development, legislation, coverages, and online enrollment technology systems (e.g. carrier websites, payroll vendor systems, etc.)
- Assist in reviewing internal compliance and client disclosure requirements and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements.
- Assist in the documenting of service information into the internal management databases.
- Client specific projects as assigned including but not limited to enrollment processing, billing reconciliation, claim resolution and Cobra compliance within the established timeframes.
- Assist with open enrollment meetings.
- May require travel for client/enrollment meetings.
- Planning/organizing – the individual must prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Attention to detail – the individual must identify issues and ensure the accuracy of all activities.
- Problem-solving – the individual must be resourceful to resolve issues.
- Interpersonal skills – the individual must maintain confidentiality and be a team player.
- Oral communication – the individual must be capable of speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Adaptability – the individual must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment and/or responsibilities and manage competing demands.
Bachelor's Degree Required ~ Direct Hire ~ Starts ASAP ~ $16.00-17.00/hour