Orlando, Florida | Contract To Hire
Established Company located in Downtown Orlando is seeking an energetic, experienced AP Specialist to join their team!
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing all accounts payables including employee expense reports and payments to contractors and vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable and generate weekly check run
- Process EFT check batches and prepare weekly file for vendors paid via EFT
- Communicate with vendors regarding payments and status of invoices
- Review and file 1099’s for all vendors
- Independently identify problem areas and take remedial action
- Respond to requests for information from management
- Process and distribute standard reports to management
- Support continuous process improvement initiatives
- Serve as a subject matter expert and point of contact for travel and employee reimbursement related issues; assist employees with travel and expense-related issues or concerns
- Audit and process employee expense reports
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with Company policies, procedures and safety practices
- Perform some light administrative duties, which may include:
- Distribute incoming mail
- Filing and archiving
- Office supplies inventory and ordering
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skill set.
- Must be detail oriented and able to accurately process accounting transactions.
- Ability to establish a high level of trust and credibility within the organization. Confidentiality and discretion is essential.
- Independent judgment required to plan, prioritize and organize competing tasks or demands that may be deadline driven.
- Solid understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment individually or as part of a team.
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Associate’s degree required in business or accounting. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Great Plains experience preferred.
Fleetgistics Core Values:
The Company firmly believes that employees who embrace the Company Core Values (together with the right skill set) will create the level of customer loyalty that is required to set the Company apart from the competition. The six Core Values for all employees to embody when completing their duties and responsibilities on a daily basis are:
- Passion – Unyielding and tenacious pursuit of excellence
- Integrity – Behave in an ethical, honest and fair manner. Do what you said you would do.
- Collaborative – Believes in the strength of the collective, doing better together.
- Accountable – Take responsibility for decisions, results, actions and inactions.
- Respect – Be patient, consistent, honest and attentive.
- Action Oriented – Say what you are going to do, and do what you say.
INTERVIEW PROCESS (include Hiring Manager): Candidates will interview with Michelle and possibly Leslie (Accounting Coordinator) or Kelly (Accounting Manager); Followed by Katrina (HR Manager) and possibly Dave Hunter (CFO)
START DATE: ASAP
Personality is still the top priority here - outgoing, driven, SHARP, eagerness to learn and grow, always asking "WHY"?
A key part of this role will be based around the complexity of how well they can code invoicing; There are 5 Divisions for coding, with 6 segments to their GL string. Must know and understand the coding for each. There are inner-company elements that they will be dealing with
This position requires to work every Wednesday - 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, or when balanced (may only be from 9am-6pm, but must plan on leaving no earlier than 6pm);
(These roles will be adjusted as needed based on experience level and internal structure; Fixed Assets and additional responsibilities can be added at some point, so candidates must be flexible. These roles are to replace the current AP Specialist and the current AP Clerk.)
This role will handle coding for all Transactions (invoicing, credit cards); They will handle auditing of expense reports.