Orlando, Florida | Contract To Hire
Established Company located in Downtown Orlando is Seeking an Energetic, Experienced AP Specialist to join their team!
The AP Specialist is responsible for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors and other managers within the department. Handles accounts payable duties, ensures files are complete and maintained as needed, and assists accounting personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process accounts payable
- Issues checks/EFT for accounts payable
- Review/audit expense reports for policy compliance
- Respond to travel and expense reporting inquiries
- Communicate with vendors regarding payments and status of invoices
- Respond to requests for information from management
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors
- Perform light administrative duties, which may include:
- Distribute incoming mail
- Filing and archiving
- Office supplies inventory and ordering
- Independently identify problem areas and recommend actions to resolve
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with Company policies, procedures and safety practices
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skill set.
- Must be detail oriented and able to accurately process accounting transactions.
- Ability to establish a high level of trust and credibility within the organization. Confidentiality and discretion is essential.
- Independent judgment required to plan, prioritize and organize competing tasks or demands that may be deadline driven.
- Solid understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment individually or as part of a team.
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.