Orlando, Florida | Direct Hire
Tews Company has an opportunity available with a growing client based in the central Florida market. This is a full-time position. Company offers a great culture and work environment. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of C# .NET experience. Any experience/exposure to VB.NET is a huge plus.
- Maintains and enhances the codebase(s) for the organizations products. Responsible for integrating bug fixes, enhancements, and new features for updates and releases. Ensures backward-compatibility, ease of use and a high degree of fault-tolerance.
- Responsible for promoting code changes from base version to future releases. Manages versioning and updates, maintaining clear, concise and complete in-code comments and written documentation of changes as they occur.
- Provides escalation support for Client Services calls promoted to Technical Support regarding products and projects for which s/he is responsible. Identifies, clarifies and gathers information concerning customer issues. Resolves known issues with customer, and analyzes and attempts to duplicate new issues under Development conditions. May be called upon to propose resolution for new issues. Maintains clear, complete and concise Maximizer notes of all customer contacts and actions.
- Works closely with other members of the Development team to constantly improve the value, stability and ease of use of the organizations products. Works with other staff to test, review and document enhancements and fixes in all products and services, as needed.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellence in customer service. Maintains highest possible customer satisfaction level. Responds quickly, professionally and appropriately to customer issues as they arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Maintains flexibility and proactive attitude in a fast-paced and fluid environment, in a rapidly growing company.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or computer-related field and one year experience or equivalent mix of education and experience.
- Experience in developing commercial end-user Windows software, using current tools and paradigms (i.e. Object Oriented Programming).
- VB.NET, C#, C++ and Visual Basic 6.0 development languages. Windows API knowledge desirable.
- Familiarity with mainframe/midrange operations, networking or other related fields desirable.